Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beginning my science blog


There's a lot of wonderful science writing out there. Is there a need for another science blog? Aren't we drowning in information? Are there science papers that aren't getting talked about or exposed to the public?

What can I do that is unique?

I've decided to respond to a plea by Dr Vaughan Bell posted on MindHacks, http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2004/12/vaughan.html, for scientists to discuss their own work.

In working with graduate students and far-flung collaborators, there's plenty of room to write down notes that could be of interests to other science lovers. My method wil be a short paragraph about a paper, a link to the published version, ideas for future research, and possibly comments such as what I had hoped would happen when I conceived the project.

But I'll also write about 'anything'...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with this completely, thanks for the post.